Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule....

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Easiest Recipe of 'Asam Ikan / Sour Fish'

Ok... "Sour Fish" sounds funny hahahaha...
I always wanted to find/modify a recipe to an easier recipe for me ^^ and for my fiance to learn ;p so that next time he can cook for me.. ^^
So here is what you need:

(A) Red Onion + Garlic + Ginger + Curry Powder + Turmeric Powder + Belacan (optional) = mashed it all together

(B) 
I. Garcinia Atroviridis (Asam Keping/Asam Gelugur) with water 
II. Lemongrass 
III. Turmeric Leaves or Turmeric 
IV. Chinese Celery (Daun sup)

(C) Fish (Here I use the Mackerel Fish)

1. Saute (A) 
2. Add in (B)- I,II, & III
3. Next add in water (just enough to scuttle the fish) 
*am I using the right word?*
Wait until the water is boiling then you put in the fish 
add some salt, ajinamoto/muichin - to taste

Now you have it!!

Last night we ate it with sagu(ambuyat) ^^

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN COOKING! ^^

No comments: